Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Gertrude's!

Today after we played with Gertrude's kids in the pool and played soccer with local kids, we split into 2 different groups, one group went to a place for sick and dying children and the other group went to Gertrude's to play with the kids in the pool some more. I went to Gertrude's which I was very happy about. The kids there were the most joyful kids I have ever met. One of the girls there laughed at almost any thing you did while another one sat with Austin the whole time while he played guitar and even tried to played it herself. No matter what they were doing they always had a smile on their faces, one of them even had a smile when I had to tell her when she couldn't swing because some one else was already using it. Gertrude's was a really cool place, they even had a swing for people in wheelchairs! Today was the first of many great days that I will have in Haiti!

-Alex Weis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment