Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday, march 20th- A time of touch

Today was a day that is hard to explain! Very emotional for me! We first stopped at Redemptor's School to just see the school and kids. The kids there didn't seem as needy as they have families but still enjoyed our visit! It is hard to explain their school...we will be posting pictures I'm sure! Then we had a tour of Grace Village. It's unbelievable how it has been built up over the years...from dorms for both boys and girls, the school that holds 300 kids,  feeding center, medical center, 4 new buildings that will be for the kids to move into for a a more "family" experience, a new church, and much more! Then we visited 5 of the 30 elders that Healing Haiti care for. That was quite emotional for me to see them, the conditions inwhich they live, 2 being blind, one 100+, and a handicapped boy who was 18. Made me so thankful for all we have for our handicapped daughter, Heather. We sang for them and prayed for them, washed them up and lotioned them, and brought food and drink for them! We then dropped off 15,000 meals from "Feed my hungry children" to two of the schools. I don't  think my life can be the  same after this experience! Very thankful that God directed me to come to Haiti! We have an incredible team...I can't believe I have just known them for a few days..we are such a family here. Jeff, who is the founder of healing Haiti, and who is with us has shared and encouraged us in our walk with the Lord....we need to move and go where God leads us. Watch for the open doors! Thank you Jeff for your love for God and your willingness to seek Him for your direction in Haiti!

Lindy Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment