Thursday, April 11, 2013

Confused perspective

I'm still processing from yesterday...

As others from the team have written about, when we did a "walk out" (walked down the block out of a district once the water was out), it was terrible and amazing at the same time - amidst the sewage, garbage and graves, the children joyfully sang and danced "God is so good!" with us, led by one of the Haitian workers, so it was mostly in Creole. But when that line was first sung (in English), it stopped me like I had walked into a wall. How awesome that they have the joy of the Lord when they have NOTHING. How awful that I get distracted from the joy of the Lord when I have EVERYTHING. God help me to keep my perspective on You and You alone.

Yesterday day was such a blessing...I had this little boy with a Rugrats t-shirt comfortably rest in my arms at the first stop, and then an hour later he showed up at the next stop at least a block and a half away(!)...once he found me he wouldn't leave my arms - he fell asleep and we had to wake him when we had to leave. As I walked away I watched him sleepily wander towards what he calls home.

There is no place like home, yet it doesn't matter where or what that is as long as we have the Lord as our focus every moment of every day.

Today we're going to an orphanage for handicapped children, then to a school to teach a lesson about Noah's ark. Should be another blessed and fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment