Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Judy blogging in Haiti

My team members have blogged a lot of what we have done today. Read their posts!

Holding and hugging babies who are ill is a privilege. So hard to put them down when they are saying NO NO...just wanting you to keep holding them. Their sad eyes look at you...and they turn to smiles when you hold them.

Our time with the ill and dying women and a few children was quite the experience. Giving massages and applying lotion to their hot and aching bodies was amazing. RM was oohing and ahing while I massaged her. Through a translater I found out she was about my age and probably had kidney failure...she looked so much older. We sang and prayed for them.

We polished nails of the little girls...one insisted she polish my nails...she also wanted to put lotion on me...what a compassionate little girl! We were impressed with theit manners.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment