Sunday, January 9, 2011

HERE WE ARE ... SEND US!!!!!

Whew... What a whirlwind this week has been! At this time last week none of us knew what an adventure God was planning for us. We are so sad for the tragic loss the team that was planning on going has experienced thus causing them to have to reschedule but also feel so blessed for the opportunity that has come to us.

One week ago today I sat next to Julie Sexson at Rockpoint church (even that was not a coincidence). After service we stood there for sometime sharing our heart for Haiti and I expressing how I was not sure when an opportunity would come for me to be able to visit. I mentioned how I felt like maybe I could find some way to be involved locally but really not sure what that would be.

Monday morning I woke up ... still thinking of Haiti and I wrote the Mission Team sharing my heart a bit then that night Mike told me that some guys from his Bible Study were getting together for Appetizers. I was asleep by the time he was home but the next day he called me from work and told me that Jeff was there and mentioned how he was not sure how he felt about going to Haiti alone the first time since he has lost his incredible partner, and wife Alyn. Mike asked if I would want to go. I whole-heartedly said YES but at that time I honestly never thought it was at all possible to pull everything together in such a short period. Guess the verse “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matt 19:26) slipped my mind at the time. .. oh God must have been laughing.

One phone call to my mom and the reality of the trip actually happening started to sink in. There is no one I would feel more comfortable with or who would be as capable to come live at the house and love on my family for the week, but I still needed to find someone who was as crazy as me to drop everything and fly to Haiti with less than a weeks notice. Little did I know God had been working in the heart of my dear friend, Mary Ericksen, long before the actual invite came. I first called Becky Nelson, who could not go herself but then said, “I know who wants to go. We just have to call and let her know she wants to.” Becky immediately hung up the phone and called her…. I am sure Mary will share what was going on in her heart at the time… bottom line is, she said YES!

We met with Jeff for lunch on Friday. Saturday our tickets were purchased and we are leaving bright and early Monday morning for Haiti!

OH wait, there is more… I sent a text out to a few of my family members saying I was going on the trip and wondering if there was anyone who wanted to go with me. My niece Alana texted back within seconds …. YES, PLEASE!!!! Alana is the sweetest girl and I know God is going to break her heart on this trip for what breaks His. She is on her winter break right now and it was the perfect timing for her.

Now reading this you would think we were nuts…. going without preparation and thought, the 3 of us headed to Haiti with Jeff, but I have to share with you… I truly believe God has been preparing each of us for this trip for sometime now…. Which is a huge lesson in itself!!! How so many times we have no clue what God is doing …. Is He there? Active? But HE always is… He knows the plans He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11)(EVEN IF HE DOES NOT TELL US TILL THE WEEK OF) . Can’t wait for Mary to share all that has been going on in her life lately and what she has been studying. God knows what we need just when we need it. Are you ready? It may not always be a call to jump on a plane and fly to Haiti but man, I love it when He makes something like this happen when we are willing and obedient to say YES GOD!

There is a blog that I read not so long ago that I just love and would like to share…..

http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/12/nets.html

So now we are “AT ONCE” throwing down our nets and going…. SO excited to put the next foot in front of the other and see what God has planned for us…. How He will use us, and what is He going to do with our hearts on this trip.

Thank you Lord, Thank you Mike, and Mom, and to all my children who are willing to sacrifice their comfort a bit and give up their mom for a week.

THE LORD IS GOOD!!!

-AMY

Healing Haiti Team Member
January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment